One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These animals possess effective defense systems against microbes and parasites which involve engulfment of bacteria into specific cells.’
- ‘Children who did well understood that they were not responsible for their parents and were able to avoid engulfment in their illness.’
- ‘His responses to open-ended questions revealed an overall perception of engulfment by the condition.’
- ‘It sounds like your underlying fears of rejection and engulfment are controlling your life and not letting you share love.’
- ‘This new view could have medical importance if physicians learn how to prevent the rapid engulfment of seemingly dying cells.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.