One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A kind of mustard made from mustard seeds milled to a powder, having a very hot taste and typically bright yellow in color.
- ‘Chilli sauces, smooth English mustard and even salty, tangy lime pickle have much to commend them as bedfellows in a sausage sandwich.’
- ‘He travelled with English marmalade, an egg cup and insisted on English mustard.’
- ‘The pork knuckle was huge and came with a small container of hot English mustard.’
- ‘When it comes to Christmas food I'm completely conventional - turkey, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, bread sauce, stuffing, English mustard and sausages.’
- ‘Small side dishes came with English mustard, horseradish sauce and mint sauce.’
- ‘The dish came with various condiments - low fat mayonnaise, salad cream, vinegar, tomato sauce, French mustard, English mustard, brown sauce (all in sachet form).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.