One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substantial breakfast including hot cooked food such as bacon and eggs.
- ‘These B&Bs try to use locally produced food for the full English breakfasts they provide for guests.’
- ‘Bill opted for the full English breakfast with a mug of tea.’
- ‘Breakfast in there is also a huge treat, with a fabulous array of fresh fruit, muesli and yoghurts for the healthy, or the full English breakfast with bacon, eggs, sausages, hash browns or kippers.’
- ‘To the contrary there are some truly amazing and delicious sausages to be found in the UK and many places that actually know how to cook quite a decent English breakfast.’
- ‘Americans were still eating essentially an English breakfast of eggs, bacon, sausage, beef, and low on fiber.’
- ‘Toast is a standard part of a proper English breakfast, and together with a cup of tea, it forms a popular snack at any time.’
- ‘He has an English breakfast of eggs, beans, sausage and canned tomatoes.’
- ‘Then, I would get up, cook myself a nice English breakfast, and then head up to a nearby pub to watch the second half of the game.’
- ‘The deal includes two nights accommodation, a welcome gift on arrival, a full English breakfast for two each morning, a ‘discreet’ gift wrapping service, tea and cake for two.’
- ‘Hundreds of fans were in their seats early for an English breakfast of bacon and eggs.’
- ‘The traditional English breakfast of bacon and eggs is being further endangered by social trends that see people heading to work on an empty stomach.’
- ‘The traditional English breakfast is quite substantial.’
- ‘On the way, I stopped at a greasy cafe and ordered an English breakfast.’
- ‘The waiter scurried away to return very quickly with a large Purple Star painted ceramic plate, filled with my English breakfast.’
- ‘The venue offers a full English breakfast or, among other things, eggs on toast.’
- ‘It was full of morning cheer as the guests tucked into their English breakfasts of fried eggs, bacon and baked beans.’
- ‘She ordered a cup of tea with a full English breakfast, consisting of scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, baked beans and toasted bread.’
- ‘They will then be able to enjoy a full English breakfast in the morning before continuing on their travels.’
- ‘Cafes along the waterfront offer English breakfasts with bacon, sausages, baked beans, toast and coffee.’
- ‘I'm sure I can manage a full English breakfast even though I did have one yesterday and they'll have something less heavy for you if you want.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.