One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substantial breakfast including hot cooked food such as bacon and eggs.
- ‘To the contrary there are some truly amazing and delicious sausages to be found in the UK and many places that actually know how to cook quite a decent English breakfast.’
- ‘The traditional English breakfast is quite substantial.’
- ‘Then, I would get up, cook myself a nice English breakfast, and then head up to a nearby pub to watch the second half of the game.’
- ‘The venue offers a full English breakfast or, among other things, eggs on toast.’
- ‘They will then be able to enjoy a full English breakfast in the morning before continuing on their travels.’
- ‘These B&Bs try to use locally produced food for the full English breakfasts they provide for guests.’
- ‘Breakfast in there is also a huge treat, with a fabulous array of fresh fruit, muesli and yoghurts for the healthy, or the full English breakfast with bacon, eggs, sausages, hash browns or kippers.’
- ‘The traditional English breakfast of bacon and eggs is being further endangered by social trends that see people heading to work on an empty stomach.’
- ‘The waiter scurried away to return very quickly with a large Purple Star painted ceramic plate, filled with my English breakfast.’
- ‘Hundreds of fans were in their seats early for an English breakfast of bacon and eggs.’
- ‘It was full of morning cheer as the guests tucked into their English breakfasts of fried eggs, bacon and baked beans.’
- ‘He has an English breakfast of eggs, beans, sausage and canned tomatoes.’
- ‘Cafes along the waterfront offer English breakfasts with bacon, sausages, baked beans, toast and coffee.’
- ‘She ordered a cup of tea with a full English breakfast, consisting of scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, baked beans and toasted bread.’
- ‘Toast is a standard part of a proper English breakfast, and together with a cup of tea, it forms a popular snack at any time.’
- ‘I'm sure I can manage a full English breakfast even though I did have one yesterday and they'll have something less heavy for you if you want.’
- ‘The deal includes two nights accommodation, a welcome gift on arrival, a full English breakfast for two each morning, a ‘discreet’ gift wrapping service, tea and cake for two.’
- ‘Bill opted for the full English breakfast with a mug of tea.’
- ‘Americans were still eating essentially an English breakfast of eggs, bacon, sausage, beef, and low on fiber.’
- ‘On the way, I stopped at a greasy cafe and ordered an English breakfast.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.