One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The act of compelling observance of or compliance with a law, rule, or obligation.‘the strict enforcement of environmental regulations’
imposition, implementation, application, carrying out, administration, administering, discharge, fulfilment, execution, prosecution, pursuanceforcing, compelling, exacting, extorting, extortion, demanding, requiringView synonyms
- ‘The dialogue between pub communities will be of huge help to police enforcement of any banning orders.’
- ‘Effective enforcement would be a must for any new parking strategy, says the Civic Society.’
- ‘There's been virtually no enforcement of the bus lanes since they were introduced a few years ago.’
- ‘There is a lack of strong legal institutions so legal enforcement is minimal.’
- ‘For laws to work, however, effective enforcement and sanctions must be in place.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.