One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The act of compelling observance of or compliance with a law, rule, or obligation.‘the strict enforcement of environmental regulations’
imposition, implementation, application, carrying out, administration, administering, discharge, fulfilment, execution, prosecution, pursuanceforcing, compelling, exacting, extorting, extortion, demanding, requiringView synonyms
- ‘For laws to work, however, effective enforcement and sanctions must be in place.’
- ‘Effective enforcement would be a must for any new parking strategy, says the Civic Society.’
- ‘There is a lack of strong legal institutions so legal enforcement is minimal.’
- ‘There's been virtually no enforcement of the bus lanes since they were introduced a few years ago.’
- ‘The dialogue between pub communities will be of huge help to police enforcement of any banning orders.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.