Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Give bodily form to; make real or concrete.
- ‘Preaching grace is enfleshed by words and pictures as diverse as the images of scripture.’
- ‘The story of God's love in Christ becomes the good news only as it is enfleshed in a particular culture; yet this gospel can never be identified with any one of its particular expressions, for it transcends them all.’
- ‘That language is enfleshed in different ways in different contexts: in gospel music and chant, in oil for anointing and in silence, in chorales and hymns and dance.’
- ‘They then enflesh those insights by using three specific theologians as examples.’
- ‘This represents the Ancestors, and when we activate the altar, part of it is to ‘breathe life’ into the ancestors, that we may enflesh their legacy.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.