One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Give bodily form to; make real or concrete.
- ‘That language is enfleshed in different ways in different contexts: in gospel music and chant, in oil for anointing and in silence, in chorales and hymns and dance.’
- ‘This represents the Ancestors, and when we activate the altar, part of it is to ‘breathe life’ into the ancestors, that we may enflesh their legacy.’
- ‘They then enflesh those insights by using three specific theologians as examples.’
- ‘Preaching grace is enfleshed by words and pictures as diverse as the images of scripture.’
- ‘The story of God's love in Christ becomes the good news only as it is enfleshed in a particular culture; yet this gospel can never be identified with any one of its particular expressions, for it transcends them all.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.