One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The fixed amount of energy that a system described by quantum mechanics, such as a molecule, atom, electron, or nucleus, can have.
- ‘This means that an atom with eight electrons in its outermost energy level is very stable.’
- ‘When an electron falls from a higher energy level to a lower energy level, a photon is given off.’
- ‘For instance, photons will share a particular energy level in a laser.’
- ‘This higher energy level allows X-ray beams to pass straight through most of the soft material in the human body.’
- ‘An electron in a lower energy level is both closer to the nucleus and has fewer electrons between itself and the nucleus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.