One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An assessment of the energy needs and efficiency of a building or buildings.
- ‘You can easily conduct a home energy audit yourself.’
- ‘These days, it is not uncommon to hear of a facility undergoing an energy audit to track potential sources of wasted power.’
- ‘An overall energy audit is also a good idea when an older building is being evaluated to determine what systems are in need of upgrading, and what those upgraded systems should be.’
- ‘Some local utility companies and heating contractors will perform an energy audit for residential and commercial customers.’
- ‘Do an energy audit to help detect waste and gauge the efficiency of your current cooling system.’
- ‘Apart from its role as providing information, the Bureau will be involved in energy related projects around the county such as the development of the low energy housing project and energy audits on public buildings in the city and county.’
- ‘An energy audit of your house will identify the amount of insulation you have and need, and will likely recommend other improvements as well.’
- ‘If you're seriously worried about energy bills, commission a professional energy audit.’
- ‘Many utilities conduct energy audits for free or for a nominal charge.’
- ‘Continuing, he stated that the energy audit will also highlight where the problems are in our homes and what can be done to upgrade.’
- ‘You can conduct an energy audit of your home.’
- ‘Conduct an energy audit to help detect waste and gauge the efficiency of your current heating system.’
- ‘They can tell you how to conduct an energy audit to help detect waste and gauge the efficiency of your current heating system.’
- ‘Save on your energy bills with a home energy audit.’
- ‘Once the energy use patterns are understood, complete an energy audit of the entire facility - a step-by-step examination of all energy-using systems and components in a facility.’
- ‘One smart move now, give your home an energy audit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.