One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Able to be endured; bearable.‘my journey was long but endurable’
bearable, tolerable, supportable, manageable, sufferable, sustainableView synonyms
- ‘The smell in the wards was so offensive as to be scarcely endurable even by the oldest medical officers’.’
- ‘What they don't understand is that rapid, steady and endurable economic growth needs to be sustained by an open and transparent democratic political system.’
- ‘You will even be able to buy an air-conditioner to make the summer heat more endurable.’
- ‘All of this would be endurable if somebody could guarantee that this would be the final vote, the end of the debate.’
- ‘It was made endurable through their excellent teacher, with her witty sense of humor, and urge to perfect and play music ‘right’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.