One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Situated or occurring within or performed by way of the trachea.‘endotracheal tube’
- ‘He was anaesthetised and an endotracheal tube inserted, along with an internal stethoscope and temperature probe.’
- ‘Many of the survivors would also have died if there had been no endotracheal tube.’
- ‘Patients with compromised airways and respiratory failure will require immediate endotracheal intubation and positive pressure ventilation.’
- ‘If there is any concern over maintenance of ventilation, an endotracheal tube is place by the surgeon.’
- ‘One of the main reasons for treating patients in an intensive care unit is that they need ventilatory support, usually by sedation and endotracheal intubation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.