Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Situated or occurring within or performed by way of the trachea.‘endotracheal tube’
- ‘If there is any concern over maintenance of ventilation, an endotracheal tube is place by the surgeon.’
- ‘One of the main reasons for treating patients in an intensive care unit is that they need ventilatory support, usually by sedation and endotracheal intubation.’
- ‘Many of the survivors would also have died if there had been no endotracheal tube.’
- ‘Patients with compromised airways and respiratory failure will require immediate endotracheal intubation and positive pressure ventilation.’
- ‘He was anaesthetised and an endotracheal tube inserted, along with an internal stethoscope and temperature probe.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.