One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘How did endothermy evolve in mammals?’’
- ‘The main basis for the faster absorption of nutrients in mammals to fuel endothermy and increased activity relative to reptiles has been shown to be a much greater intestinal surface area in mammals.’
- ‘Different lines of evidence indicate that endothermy as it is known from modern birds and mammals may not have been feasible for most, particularly larger, dinosaurs.’
- ‘Toward the end of the reign of dinosaurs, some animals, the future mammals and birds, evolved endothermy.’
- ‘Two evolutionary events that shaped current vertebrate life were the transition from water to land, and the development of endothermy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.