One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Symbiosis in which one of the symbiotic organisms lives inside the other.
- ‘The two became one organism, an arrangement called endosymbiosis, and swapped some genetic material to create a new hybrid genome.’
- ‘Potential explanations for these patterns are suggested by the biology of this endosymbiosis.’
- ‘This reveals that there is an inherent tendency for endosymbiosis which has operated throughout the evolution of biological systems.’
- ‘It is the host's metabolism that has had to adjust to the conditions of phototrophic endosymbiosis.’
- ‘It is also used more generally to distinguish the classical view from one that recognizes important role of lateral gene transfer of which endosymbiosis would be just the most dramatic example.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.