Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A condition resulting from the appearance of endometrial tissue outside the uterus and causing pelvic pain.
- ‘Pelvic pain, which feels like period pain, is the most common symptom of endometriosis.’
- ‘However, it is well known that endometriosis is associated both with pelvic pain and infertility.’
- ‘They are even implicated in diseases such as endometriosis and in cancers of the various reproductive organs.’
- ‘The most common symptom of endometriosis is pain or discomfort.’
- ‘Difficulty getting pregnant is a common problem for women with endometriosis, especially if the endometrial tissue is near the fallopian tubes.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.