Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A condition resulting from the appearance of endometrial tissue outside the uterus and causing pelvic pain.
- ‘However, it is well known that endometriosis is associated both with pelvic pain and infertility.’
- ‘The most common symptom of endometriosis is pain or discomfort.’
- ‘They are even implicated in diseases such as endometriosis and in cancers of the various reproductive organs.’
- ‘Pelvic pain, which feels like period pain, is the most common symptom of endometriosis.’
- ‘Difficulty getting pregnant is a common problem for women with endometriosis, especially if the endometrial tissue is near the fallopian tubes.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.