One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As of 1991, 77 percent of married Brazilians were in racially endogamous unions, showing a clear preference for marriage partners of their own color.’
- ‘These are cultural differences and they cause biological differences because cultural groups are endogamous.’
- ‘Marriages in the community remained endogamous as long as suitable marriage partners existed, but after the second generation, partners were often found in the predominantly Dutch communities in the surrounding countryside.’
- ‘Arranged endogamous marriage within the kinship units was the preferred pattern in that period, but this pattern has changed somewhat.’
- ‘In 1968, 25 percent of urban marriages, 31 percent of rural marriages, and 51 percent of tribal marriages were reported as endogamous.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.