Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of the endocardium.
- ‘Identification of the organism and treatment will prevent progression to meningitis, endocarditis or other complications.’
- ‘Patients at high risk of bacterial endocarditis include those with prosthetic heart valves, congenital heart disease and previous history of bacterial endocarditis.’
- ‘Infection in this population often results in central nervous system involvement and septicemia, but may include pneumonia and endocarditis.’
- ‘People with some types of heart defects are at greater risk of developing bacterial endocarditis.’
- ‘Up to 30% of patients have cardiac murmurs due to endocarditis or pancarditis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.