One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the endocardium.
- ‘People with some types of heart defects are at greater risk of developing bacterial endocarditis.’
- ‘Up to 30% of patients have cardiac murmurs due to endocarditis or pancarditis.’
- ‘Infection in this population often results in central nervous system involvement and septicemia, but may include pneumonia and endocarditis.’
- ‘Identification of the organism and treatment will prevent progression to meningitis, endocarditis or other complications.’
- ‘Patients at high risk of bacterial endocarditis include those with prosthetic heart valves, congenital heart disease and previous history of bacterial endocarditis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.