One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Relating to the endocardium.
- ‘Patients with poor endocardial detection, absence of sinus rhythm, aortic valve disease, significant mitral regurgitation, prosthetic valves or pacemakers were excluded.’
- ‘An autopsy showed endocardial fibrosis.’
- ‘The most effective one causes endocardial or retroperitoneal fibrosis in rare cases.’
- ‘It occurs as part of the more complex endocardial cushion defect.’
- ‘If rejection is suspected, endocardial biopsy is performed to confirm diagnosis.’
2Situated inside the heart.
- ‘Leads V1 to V3 face the endocardial surface of the posterior wall of the left ventricle.’
- ‘It communicated with the left ventricle through an orifice surrounded by pearly endocardial plaque.’
- ‘Complications can occur with permanent endocardial pacemaker therapy, but they are uncommon.’
- ‘Cells appear to be committed to an endocardial cell fate early in heart development.’
- ‘Examination of the heart revealed right-sided endocardial thickening.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.