One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Relating to the endocardium.
- ‘Patients with poor endocardial detection, absence of sinus rhythm, aortic valve disease, significant mitral regurgitation, prosthetic valves or pacemakers were excluded.’
- ‘It occurs as part of the more complex endocardial cushion defect.’
- ‘An autopsy showed endocardial fibrosis.’
- ‘The most effective one causes endocardial or retroperitoneal fibrosis in rare cases.’
- ‘If rejection is suspected, endocardial biopsy is performed to confirm diagnosis.’
2Situated inside the heart.
- ‘Examination of the heart revealed right-sided endocardial thickening.’
- ‘Cells appear to be committed to an endocardial cell fate early in heart development.’
- ‘Complications can occur with permanent endocardial pacemaker therapy, but they are uncommon.’
- ‘It communicated with the left ventricle through an orifice surrounded by pearly endocardial plaque.’
- ‘Leads V1 to V3 face the endocardial surface of the posterior wall of the left ventricle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.