One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for tailgate
- ‘They stood on the endgate of their shuttle craft, breathing the new planet's cold night air.’
- ‘A few minutes after the last endgate closed, all six shuttles silently rose in unison from the meadow.’
- ‘Its massive aft endgate was open to lay flat on the frozen ground.’
- ‘Shortly, the silence was broken by the whine of motors, as the endgate of the shuttle swung open, folding itself against the frozen ground with a low-pitched metallic clang.’
- ‘In accordance with military methodology, the landers were arrayed in an arc, with their endgates facing the imposing granite mass and their forward ends resting within a few meters of the bank of the Merced river.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.