One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for tailgate
- ‘They stood on the endgate of their shuttle craft, breathing the new planet's cold night air.’
- ‘In accordance with military methodology, the landers were arrayed in an arc, with their endgates facing the imposing granite mass and their forward ends resting within a few meters of the bank of the Merced river.’
- ‘Shortly, the silence was broken by the whine of motors, as the endgate of the shuttle swung open, folding itself against the frozen ground with a low-pitched metallic clang.’
- ‘Its massive aft endgate was open to lay flat on the frozen ground.’
- ‘A few minutes after the last endgate closed, all six shuttles silently rose in unison from the meadow.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.