One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A species of animal or plant that is seriously at risk of extinction.‘special collections of rare and endangered species from Crete’
- ‘Every advanced nation has strict regulations to stop the harming of endangered species.’
- ‘For about 10 years, she worked as an investigative reporter for various science and environmental magazines, specializing in the plight of endangered species.’
- ‘Sand lizards are Britain's most endangered species of lizard.’
- ‘In his late 20s, he worked exclusively for conservation groups, photographing threatened habitats and endangered species around the world.’
- ‘The men are accused of breaking state laws that protect endangered species.’
- ‘Native bird and other wildlife populations have dwindled such that the region is now home to more than 56 threatened or endangered species of birds and animals.’
- ‘In the event of an outbreak of Avian Influenza, possible vaccination of rare breeds and endangered species would take place.’
- ‘Not every landscape hosts an endangered species.’
- ‘Her series of oil paintings of endangered species helped support the Wild Life Fund through the donation of their copyrights.’
- ‘High up in the mountains around Baltistan in Northern Pakistan there lives an endangered species of snow leopard.’
endangered species/inˈdānjərd ˌspēSHēz/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.