One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A species of animal or plant that is seriously at risk of extinction.‘special collections of rare and endangered species from Crete’
- ‘In the event of an outbreak of Avian Influenza, possible vaccination of rare breeds and endangered species would take place.’
- ‘Native bird and other wildlife populations have dwindled such that the region is now home to more than 56 threatened or endangered species of birds and animals.’
- ‘For about 10 years, she worked as an investigative reporter for various science and environmental magazines, specializing in the plight of endangered species.’
- ‘In his late 20s, he worked exclusively for conservation groups, photographing threatened habitats and endangered species around the world.’
- ‘Not every landscape hosts an endangered species.’
- ‘Every advanced nation has strict regulations to stop the harming of endangered species.’
- ‘Sand lizards are Britain's most endangered species of lizard.’
- ‘High up in the mountains around Baltistan in Northern Pakistan there lives an endangered species of snow leopard.’
- ‘The men are accused of breaking state laws that protect endangered species.’
- ‘Her series of oil paintings of endangered species helped support the Wild Life Fund through the donation of their copyrights.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.