Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A species of animal or plant that is seriously at risk of extinction.‘special collections of rare and endangered species from Crete’
- ‘High up in the mountains around Baltistan in Northern Pakistan there lives an endangered species of snow leopard.’
- ‘Not every landscape hosts an endangered species.’
- ‘The men are accused of breaking state laws that protect endangered species.’
- ‘In the event of an outbreak of Avian Influenza, possible vaccination of rare breeds and endangered species would take place.’
- ‘For about 10 years, she worked as an investigative reporter for various science and environmental magazines, specializing in the plight of endangered species.’
- ‘Native bird and other wildlife populations have dwindled such that the region is now home to more than 56 threatened or endangered species of birds and animals.’
- ‘In his late 20s, he worked exclusively for conservation groups, photographing threatened habitats and endangered species around the world.’
- ‘Every advanced nation has strict regulations to stop the harming of endangered species.’
- ‘Her series of oil paintings of endangered species helped support the Wild Life Fund through the donation of their copyrights.’
- ‘Sand lizards are Britain's most endangered species of lizard.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.