Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in some religious beliefs) the period leading up to Judgment Day.‘people in every age have wondered if the end times were going to occur during their lifetimes’
- ‘Hearing these landed gentry talk using the language of end-times apocalypse is pretty nuts.’
- ‘Acknowledging that not everyone agrees with my particular take on end times prophecies, at least my interpretations are based on some commonly accepted study.’
- ‘Where did all this ' end-times ' pessimism come from?’
- ‘Most biblical scholars largely reject the eschatological assumptions of this kind of pop end-times literature.’
- ‘Sure, there are a lot of liberals in California, but it's also the home of a lot of fundamentalist mega-churches and end-times cults.’
- ‘Bruce continues to operate his church, preaching a message of salvation and end times prophecy to all who will hear.’
- ‘For Dee, as for many of his contemporaries and medieval predecessors, the natural world was growing increasingly corrupt as the end times approached.’
- ‘This book combines two great tastes that go great together: fantasy/sci-fi disaster stories and end-times predictions.’
- ‘The Pentecostal movement has also tended towards end times theology.’
- ‘For those fundamentalists in the 70s, the impending end times meant a necessary withdrawal from society in specific ways, not an increased involvement.’
- ‘It has been hard to miss NBC's promotions for Revelations, its six-part end-times miniseries that debuts tonight.’
- ‘The publication contained a synthesis of the Mormon theology based around Biblical prophecy with a sprinkling of "end-times" millennialism.’
- ‘I guess everybody needs a hobby and endtimes speculations do the job for some.’
- ‘Daniel speaks the truth of this world, a truth that remains for all time and is not reserved for some future (or imminent) end-times.’
- ‘In the past, end times theology has caused many conservative Christian groups to stay out of politics.’
- ‘I used to read a lot of Norse mythology when I was a lad, and I always was into their vision of the endtimes of the gods, Ragnarok.’
- ‘He professes to know end-times revelation and seems omnipresent and omnipotent, virtually accepted by all.’
- ‘It is a metaphor He uses quite often, many parables include references to the foundation of your building and standing the test of the end-times.’
- ‘For most Americans, it appears, the Biblical account of the endtimes continues to resonate because there are few competing narratives.’
- ‘We bless the name of the Lord for what he is using us to achieve all over the world in this end-times.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.