One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A specialized, encapsulated ending of a peripheral sensory nerve, which acts as a receptor for a stimulus.
- ‘This behavioral bias might result in part from a mismatch between the spectral characteristics of the advertisement call and the most sensitive frequency of the peripheral end organ implicated in reception of these sounds.’
- ‘This is especially important in children whose metabolism of drugs and sensitivity of end organs to them vary considerably with age and stage of development.’
- ‘Allergic airway inflammation is characterized by recruitment and activation of inflammatory cells as well as by increased activities of mucosal end organs.’
- ‘These end organs differ in a variety of ways, including their frequency sensitivities.’
2another term for target organ
- ‘Either of these receptors has an excitatory or inhibitory effect on the end organ.’
- ‘The rest is metabolized after uptake into the end organ.’
- ‘The end organ effects of hypertension, particularly in the heart, brain and kidneys, can be devastating, leading to premature coronary, cerebral or renal arteriosclerosis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.