One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The line that marks the back of the end zone.
- ‘Time and again the ball was fed back from the wings, and even from the end line, and marked in highly kickable positions in front of goal.’
- ‘The rest of the team members hang back and wait along the end line until one of the sprinters touches the ball, then they join the action.’
- ‘The ball veered right towards the end line where he made a great catch.’
- ‘Then with just five minutes left the goal of the game was scored when Darren Foley picked up the ball and beat three men before shooting home somehow from the end line to give the visitors all three points.’
- ‘But Wright loses control, and the ball bounces over the end line.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.