One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This turned allies into enemies, creating a fear of encirclement - and an even greater obsession with military strength.’
- ‘Once the opposing side's defences had been penetrated, swiftly moving mechanized forces would create local encirclements and then, in conjunction with airborne and airmobile forces, enter the pursuit phase.’
- ‘The latest outrage was the encirclement of the city, cutting it off and isolating it from its environment through barricades.’
- ‘The counterattack scored some stunning successes at first, including the encirclement of the 101st Airborne Division at Bastogne.’
- ‘Strategy and tactics were based on easily coordinated and controlled movements - advances, encirclements, or envelopments.’
- ‘In fact, the encirclement at Stalingrad did not happen until December 1942.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.