One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This turned allies into enemies, creating a fear of encirclement - and an even greater obsession with military strength.’
- ‘In fact, the encirclement at Stalingrad did not happen until December 1942.’
- ‘The latest outrage was the encirclement of the city, cutting it off and isolating it from its environment through barricades.’
- ‘Strategy and tactics were based on easily coordinated and controlled movements - advances, encirclements, or envelopments.’
- ‘The counterattack scored some stunning successes at first, including the encirclement of the 101st Airborne Division at Bastogne.’
- ‘Once the opposing side's defences had been penetrated, swiftly moving mechanized forces would create local encirclements and then, in conjunction with airborne and airmobile forces, enter the pursuit phase.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.