One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the brain and spinal cord, typically due to acute viral infection.
- ‘People older than 50 years of age are at the highest risk for developing significant symptoms and may develop encephalomyelitis.’
- ‘In experimental allergic encephalomyelitis, rats develop an MS-like disease that features autoimmune reactivity against myelin basic protein.’
- ‘The condition is sometimes called acute disseminated encephalomyelitis.’
- ‘Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis, a rare demyelinating disease, is usually triggered by infections or immunisations.’
- ‘They injected myelin proteins designed to induce the mouse counterpart of multiple sclerosis, called experimental allergic encephalomyelitis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.