One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the brain, caused by infection or an allergic reaction.
- ‘Others carry deadly diseases like malaria, encephalitis and yellow fever.’
- ‘Very rarely, an adult with chickenpox develops brain inflammation called encephalitis.’
- ‘The first concern is to rule out treatable forms of dementia such as encephalitis or chronic meningitis.’
- ‘Mortality occurs in one to two per 1,000 cases, often secondary to pneumonia or encephalitis.’
- ‘Measles is a highly infectious viral illness that can cause pneumonia, diarrhoea, encephalitis and death.’
- ‘Varicella pneumonia and encephalitis can be serious complications in adults.’
- ‘Famous members of this family cause dengue fever, yellow fever and Japanese encephalitis.’
- ‘These conditions are causing complications such as encephalitis, pneumonia, diarrhea and conjunctivitis.’
- ‘Soon people within the city began to experience symptoms similar to encephalitis, an inflammation of the brain.’
- ‘In the normal brain the virus can cause encephalitis, an inflammation of the brain which is potentially fatal.’
- ‘Patients with meningitis or encephalitis may need pain control for headache.’
- ‘Patients given vaccines against measles, mumps and rubella, polio, rabies and Japanese encephalitis are not affected.’
- ‘This is still the case with conditions such as chronic fatigue syndrome and myalgic encephalitis.’
- ‘The pathogenesis of necrosis in toxoplasma encephalitis is unclear.’
- ‘We had no way of telling the difference between rabies encephalitis, polio encephalitis, or other causes of encephalitis.’
- ‘West Nile virus is a mosquito-borne disease that can cause encephalitis, a brain infection.’
- ‘Symptoms of herpetic encephalitis may include headache, confusion, seizures, or lethargy.’
- ‘Rarely, flu can develop into a high fever, acute bronchitis, encephalitis and pneumonia.’
- ‘Meningitis and encephalitis are infections of the brain and spinal cord usually caused by bacteria or viruses.’
- ‘Complications of systemic infection include pneumonia, encephalitis, and hepatitis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.