Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of the brain, caused by infection or an allergic reaction.
- ‘Famous members of this family cause dengue fever, yellow fever and Japanese encephalitis.’
- ‘Varicella pneumonia and encephalitis can be serious complications in adults.’
- ‘Others carry deadly diseases like malaria, encephalitis and yellow fever.’
- ‘Rarely, flu can develop into a high fever, acute bronchitis, encephalitis and pneumonia.’
- ‘Meningitis and encephalitis are infections of the brain and spinal cord usually caused by bacteria or viruses.’
- ‘These conditions are causing complications such as encephalitis, pneumonia, diarrhea and conjunctivitis.’
- ‘Mortality occurs in one to two per 1,000 cases, often secondary to pneumonia or encephalitis.’
- ‘We had no way of telling the difference between rabies encephalitis, polio encephalitis, or other causes of encephalitis.’
- ‘Complications of systemic infection include pneumonia, encephalitis, and hepatitis.’
- ‘In the normal brain the virus can cause encephalitis, an inflammation of the brain which is potentially fatal.’
- ‘This is still the case with conditions such as chronic fatigue syndrome and myalgic encephalitis.’
- ‘Soon people within the city began to experience symptoms similar to encephalitis, an inflammation of the brain.’
- ‘West Nile virus is a mosquito-borne disease that can cause encephalitis, a brain infection.’
- ‘Very rarely, an adult with chickenpox develops brain inflammation called encephalitis.’
- ‘The first concern is to rule out treatable forms of dementia such as encephalitis or chronic meningitis.’
- ‘Patients with meningitis or encephalitis may need pain control for headache.’
- ‘Patients given vaccines against measles, mumps and rubella, polio, rabies and Japanese encephalitis are not affected.’
- ‘Measles is a highly infectious viral illness that can cause pneumonia, diarrhoea, encephalitis and death.’
- ‘Symptoms of herpetic encephalitis may include headache, confusion, seizures, or lethargy.’
- ‘The pathogenesis of necrosis in toxoplasma encephalitis is unclear.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.