One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Because water-saturated soil at the site has altered the lacquer, he says, the coating cracks and peels off once the warriors are removed from their soil encasements.’
- ‘However, pleural metastases may appear identical to malignant mesothelioma, characterized by diffuse pleural thickening and encasement of the underlying lung.’
- ‘The wooden encasement beneath the barrel has been cut away, presumably to lessen the weight as a whole.’
- ‘Ripping into the nylon encasement, she pulled out a small plastic bag filled with the miniature bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and hand lotion hotels loved to leave out for their customers.’
- ‘A plastic sleeve encasement surrounded the actual product and the subsequent instructions for its use.’
- ‘One of the EU's main arguments for the closure of the old reactors was the lack of a protective encasement around them.’
- ‘Fences, walls, and other protective encasements can easily be constructed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.