One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But we need this emphysemic, exponentially aging paperboy to rattle us every morning by announcing, ‘The news!’’
- ‘It was sitting there in its pyjamas, coughing and spluttering like an emphysemic pensioner climbing stairs.’
- ‘Luckily my emphysemic performance of Saturday evening was not repeated.’
- ‘It is enough to make one irritable and emphysemic.’
- ‘Sure I'd have felt guilty and all that, not to mention what being a deadbeat would do to my wheezing, emphysemic self-esteem.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.