One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It was sitting there in its pyjamas, coughing and spluttering like an emphysemic pensioner climbing stairs.’
- ‘Luckily my emphysemic performance of Saturday evening was not repeated.’
- ‘It is enough to make one irritable and emphysemic.’
- ‘Sure I'd have felt guilty and all that, not to mention what being a deadbeat would do to my wheezing, emphysemic self-esteem.’
- ‘But we need this emphysemic, exponentially aging paperboy to rattle us every morning by announcing, ‘The news!’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.