One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person with an extreme fear of vomiting.‘a heavily restricted diet is a near-universal trait among emetophobes’
- ‘The emetophobe and the obsessive-compulsive may both adhere to stringent sets of rules when it comes to cleaning and eating.’
- ‘A lot of emetophobes are particularly terrified of vomiting in public.’
- ‘Meet the emetophobes and discover the lengths they go to avoid being near sick.’
- ‘I am a lifetime emetophobe and have had some epic vomit-avoidance adventures.’
- ‘For emetophobes the mere sight of someone else being ill is enough to trigger obsessive behaviours.’
Early 21st century: from emetophobia.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.