One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is specially trained and certified to administer basic emergency services to victims of trauma or acute illness before and during transportation to a hospital or other healthcare facility.
- ‘"It is nonsense to suggest that an emergency medical technician can provide the same quality of service as a midwife," she said.’
- ‘One of them was a young emergency medical technician from south Jersey who had worked 30 hours straight.’
- ‘Television reporters cornered an emergency medical technician and attempted to get him to say that the workers had endangered the life of a patient whose trip to the hospital was slowed by traffic.’
- ‘A West Yorkshire Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: ‘Despite using all our resources, including four paramedics and an emergency medical technician, we were unable to save the gentleman.’’
- ‘The ambulance carried an emergency medical technician but was not staffed with a paramedic, who is better trained to handle life-threatening injuries.’
- ‘Broken Vessels tells the story of Tom, an emergency medical technician who arrives in Los Angeles while trying to escape his past in Altoona, Pennsylvania.’
- ‘‘I'm fine; more embarrassed than anything,’ Enders said after being checked and released by an emergency medical technician at the facility.’
- ‘‘Giving people a second chance at life is the most rewarding,’ said Whittington, who is a nationally certified emergency medical technician.’
- ‘An emergency medical technician was called, and JT figured that it would be their only run for the evening.’
- ‘This attitude is comparable to a recalcitrant physician who views an emergency medical technician or paramedic as an underling, rather than as an ally.’
- ‘And usually one of those guys is going to be trained as the emergency medical technician that can do some initial assessments.’
- ‘Scuffle, of Export, told how he has been with Eureka as a paid, full-time emergency medical technician for almost four years and hopes to complete police academy training soon.’
- ‘He's been a trained emergency medical technician since 1988.’
- ‘She took classes to be an emergency medical technician in Florida and got a master's degree in health from Adelphi University.’
- ‘I am also an emergency medical technician with 18 years of experience.’
- ‘Research proves that you don't need to be a physician or an emergency medical technician to use a defibrillator successfully.’
- ‘I am an emergency medical technician, and after dating a doctor from the ER for three years, we married this year.’
- ‘Rosensteel, who's also an emergency medical technician, said the man seemed to be doing OK, but the woman was suffering from a respiratory illness.’
- ‘With an Air Force lieutenant general and an emergency medical technician at his side, Powell forged ahead into the space as fire and smoke billowed.’
- ‘After 18 months he transferred to accident and emergency ambulances as an emergency medical technician, and then went on to gain his paramedic qualification.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.