One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a gem) cut in a rectangular shape with stepped facets.
- ‘He also helped design her 2,5 carat emerald-cut platinum ring, and got down on one knee to give it to her.’
- ‘The enormous gem, studded with 15 emerald-cut diamonds, is rumoured to be worth $1.5m, but Trump got it for free.’
- ‘His Lady Kalla - a modern version of the Kallista - is an indulgent work embedded with 108 emerald-cut diamonds totaling 32.13 carats set in hand-carved white gold at a reduced price of $330,000.’
- ‘While searching for her car keys one day, she came across a black velvet Tiffany box that contained a three-karat emerald-cut diamond ring.’
- ‘She looked at the ring on her finger and was blown away by it; it was a very large emerald-cut diamond sitting on a platinum band that had several more diamonds set in it, circling the entire band.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.