Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The formation and development of an embryo.
- ‘The observed apical-basal polarity in the zygote of Arabidopsis and Fucus presages polar development during embryogenesis.’
- ‘The numbers of explants showing germination of zygotic embryos, callus formation and somatic embryogenesis were recorded every 4 weeks.’
- ‘Barley androgenesis is a suitable model system to study plant embryogenesis, as embryo development can easily be monitored in vitro.’
- ‘Genetic analysis of lateral organ formation during embryogenesis has been restricted to a few model dicotyledons.’
- ‘Asexual embryogenesis and plantlet development in anther cultures of Cucumis sativus L. have been reported.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.