One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Nickel and nickel alloys are susceptible to embrittlement by lead, sulfur, phosphorus, and other low-melting-point elements.’
- ‘A serious embrittlement sometimes arises after prolonged treatment owing to the formation of cementitic films at the ferrite boundaries.’
- ‘Nickel-base alloys are frequently used because of their improved resistance to environmental embrittlement over steels and stainless steels.’
- ‘These steels do have some limitations, particularly those with higher chromium contents, where there can be a marked tendency to embrittlement.’
- ‘It has also been shown that the development of temper embrittlement is directly linked with the rise of impurity concentration near the prior austenite boundaries.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.