One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Nickel and nickel alloys are susceptible to embrittlement by lead, sulfur, phosphorus, and other low-melting-point elements.’
- ‘Nickel-base alloys are frequently used because of their improved resistance to environmental embrittlement over steels and stainless steels.’
- ‘It has also been shown that the development of temper embrittlement is directly linked with the rise of impurity concentration near the prior austenite boundaries.’
- ‘A serious embrittlement sometimes arises after prolonged treatment owing to the formation of cementitic films at the ferrite boundaries.’
- ‘These steels do have some limitations, particularly those with higher chromium contents, where there can be a marked tendency to embrittlement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.