One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The resulting welds are localized at predetermined points by projections, embossments, or intersections.’
- ‘At an embossing station, at least one embossment is provided in at least each of the laminations preceding the last lamination.’
- ‘The snow was caught on the edges of the raised decorations and words, filling the indented words and giving it a white embossment.’
- ‘It was ornately decorated with gold embossment, and the plain gray pants that Will wore only further served to glorify the coat.’
- ‘Nevertheless, this ‘honor’ was soon humiliatingly diluted when North Carolina was acknowledged for being ‘First in Flight’ (with an embossment of a bi-plane).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.