The artificial or natural formation or development of an embolus.
- ‘Cholesterol embolisation is a common complication of arteriography, vascular surgery, thrombolysis, and anticoagulation in elderly patients, but the diagnosis is often not considered.’
- ‘Pre-operative angiography and embolisation was carried out.’
- ‘The use of a peripherally inserted central catheter is occasionally complicated by intravascular fracture and central embolization of the catheter fragment.’
- ‘Complications of these aneurysms include thrombosis with embolization, rupture, and erosion into the cardiac chamber with resulting fistula and hemothorax.’
- ‘Patients with menorrhagia or postmenopausal bleeding secondary to uterine myomas and without contraindications to angiography and embolization were considered for participation in the study.’