One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The artificial or natural formation or development of an embolus.
- ‘Complications of these aneurysms include thrombosis with embolization, rupture, and erosion into the cardiac chamber with resulting fistula and hemothorax.’
- ‘Cholesterol embolisation is a common complication of arteriography, vascular surgery, thrombolysis, and anticoagulation in elderly patients, but the diagnosis is often not considered.’
- ‘Patients with menorrhagia or postmenopausal bleeding secondary to uterine myomas and without contraindications to angiography and embolization were considered for participation in the study.’
- ‘Pre-operative angiography and embolisation was carried out.’
- ‘The use of a peripherally inserted central catheter is occasionally complicated by intravascular fracture and central embolization of the catheter fragment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.