One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Surgical removal of an embolus.count noun ‘he had an embolectomy while in the hospital’
- ‘A therapeutic approach to a patient who fails thrombolytic therapy, anticoagulation and placement of a filter includes surgical or catheter embolectomy.’
- ‘Surgical embolectomy is restricted to life threatening proximal thrombosis where all else has failed.’
- ‘It showed that patients treated with thrombolytic therapy had a higher death rate, increased risk of major hemorrhage and an increased rate of PE recurrence when compared with patients treated surgically with embolectomy.’
- ‘Finally, acute pulmonary embolectomy may be beneficial in the unstable patient who has not responded to conventional treatments.’
- ‘Available modes of treatment include bowel-sparing approaches such as surgical laparotomy with embolectomy or local infusion of thrombolytic agents via an abdominal aortic catheter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.