One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
More options or resources than one knows what to do with.‘picking a highlight from such an embarrassment of riches is hard’‘there is an embarrassment of intellectual riches in the two anthologies’‘as consumers we have an embarrassment of choice’
- ‘What at first seems to be nothing more than a contractual obligation thing is actually an embarrassment of riches.’
- ‘He has come full bloom at the time Indian cricket has an embarrassment of riches.’
- ‘Minor affluence is a far cry from what I'd call "an embarrassment of riches."’
- ‘Turning to his bibliography, a rigorous catalogue of debates in book and periodical, we face an embarrassment of choice.’
- ‘In short, what we have here is an astonishing wealth and stylistic range of soundscapes, quite literally an embarrassment of riches.’
- ‘We've like I said, we have an embarrassment of riches.’
- ‘From being an embarrassment up front, they have an embarrassment of riches.’
- ‘Suddenly, the selectors who hardly knew where to turn earlier in the season have an embarrassment of riches.’
- ‘This collection of gems puts him in that happy predicament the French call "an embarrassment of choices."’
- ‘Given the generosity with which people describe themselves, such Web sites are an embarrassment of riches.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.