One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1An abstract but perceptible thing that issues or originates from a source.‘she saw the insults as emanations of his own tortured personality’
- 1.1 The action or process of issuing from a source.‘the risk of radon gas emanation’
- 1.2 A tenuous substance or form of radiation given off by something.‘vaporous emanations surround the mill's foundations’
- 1.3Chemistry archaic A radioactive gas formed by radioactive decay of a solid.
- 1.4 (in various mystical traditions) a being or force that is a manifestation of God.
- 1.1 The action or process of issuing from a source.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.