One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Explanation that makes something clear; clarification.‘work that led to the elucidation of the structure of proteins’
explanation, clarification, illuminationView synonyms
- ‘And it seemed to me at the time to be the most brilliant elucidation of how people become trapped in the ruts of their romantic history.’
- ‘But Joyce is a naturally elucidating rather than a naturally metaphorizing writer, and in his elucidations the balance between what is included and what is excluded is almost always upset.’
- ‘The script, moreover, while restoring some of the gloss to the Hughes story, leans more to spectacle than elucidation where his affliction is concerned.’
- ‘The book begins with sharp social commentary, elucidation of concepts, and critiques of research methods typically used in the field.’
- ‘One would prefer the elucidation of some ground-rules.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.