One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A procedure used to identify foods that may be causing an adverse effect in a person, in which all suspected foods are excluded from the diet and then reintroduced one at a time.
- ‘To prevent the attacks in the first place sufferers have to persevere in identifying which factors trigger their attacks - usually by following an elimination diet or being tested for food intolerances and allergies.’
- ‘Hence, after their initial elimination diet and main food challenges, I found that marginal foods that were fresh, high quality, and with only a mild bouquet would be tolerated.’
- ‘There are various means to test for food sensitivities, with the most straightforward and least expensive being an elimination diet.’
- ‘Doctors may also use an elimination diet, during which the eggs and egg products are completely removed from the child's diet for 1 to 2 weeks.’
- ‘Through a simple elimination diet symptoms can be controlled.’
- ‘In fact, the elimination diet can call for eliminating specific food for up to 12 weeks before you'll notice the effects.’
- ‘You can make a guess or try an elimination diet which again is less than perfect.’
- ‘In addition to the decrease in symptoms, four patients in this study attained remission on the elimination diet and eight months later three were still symptom free, despite reverting to a normal diet.’
- ‘Other testing includes skin injections, patch tests, and an oral provocation test, which is basically a controlled elimination diet with food reintroduced during observation.’
- ‘Assessment for food allergies should be done using an elimination diet or blood tests.’
- ‘If you think you have a problem you could try a trial elimination diet.’
- ‘During an elimination diet, a child avoids eating any food that is suspected of causing an allergy and the doctor follows the results to see if allergy symptoms disappear.’
- ‘Learning to avoid trigger foods often leads to weight loss, so Dr. Jo put Zach on an elimination diet for two six-week intervals to confirm which foods were problems for him.’
- ‘Work with an allergist if you undertake an elimination diet, especially if your child has eczema or other allergies.’
- ‘These can usually be detected and the symptoms cleared using a simple one-week elimination diet.’
- ‘So is there any alternative to the elimination diet, and then adding the foods in a double-blind way?’
- ‘As early as 1922, Shannon had published on the successful treatment of children with hyperactivity and learning disorders using an elimination diet.’
- ‘The best way for them to find out if they have intolerances is to attempt an elimination diet but I would not advise this without the guidance of a dietician.’
- ‘A year and a half ago, I managed to clear the condition using a combination of an anti-candida elimination diet (no sugar, fruit or alcohol) and oregano oil, but this took three months to take effect.’
- ‘These approaches include an elimination diet, hypnosis, retention control, 14 biofeedback, acupuncture, scheduled awakenings, and caffeine restriction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.