One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘At first Berkeley poured scorn on those who adhere to the concept of infinitesimal, maintaining that the use of infinitesimals in deriving mathematical results is illusory, and is in fact eliminable.’
- ‘Again, that depends on what is empirically eliminable.’
- ‘In this way, the coherence theorist sheds light on the feeling that sceptical hypotheses, if not conclusively eliminable, are nevertheless idle.’
- ‘Unlike redundancy theories, however, the prosentential theory does not take the truth predicate to be always eliminable without loss.’
- ‘One or two of the purported observations might be eliminable in virtue of some logical property of the word ‘observe’, such as that it is not logically possible to observe the future.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.