One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘An increase of two signal molecules, generated by the host cell, is typically induced by the invading pathogen or by elicitors (oxidative and nitrosative burst, respectively).’
- ‘Plasma membrane-bound NAD H oxidases are widely accepted as responsible for reactive oxygen species production in the regulation of defence strategies upon infection with pathogens or stimulation by elicitors.’
- ‘SA-treatment inhibits wound- and JA-induced responses in the same plant, and application of JA partially reduced the efficacy of chemical ISR elicitors.’
- ‘Two possible causes can be conceived to explain the discrepancy, i.e., difference in the elicitors (introgression vs. tissue culture or ray irradiation) and difference in host genotypes.’
- ‘In response to various stimuli, such as elicitors of defence reaction or osmotic stresses, intracellular pH (pH i) decreases as extracellular pH (pH e) increases.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.