One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tall robust tropical African grass which is used for fodder and paper.Also called napier grass
- ‘Its output will be equivalent to the power needs of 2,000 homes, and hundreds of farmers in the surrounding area will be asked to switch land from arable crops to elephant grass.’
- ‘The exhibition includes a South African ficus, a tamarind with pods, elephant grass from Africa, cherry, bougainvillaea, fig, Accacia and trees collected from forests.’
- ‘The grave sites may be overgrown with tall, dry elephant grass, which is burned away, creating an Armageddon-like atmosphere.’
- ‘Though the bristling tall elephant grass had virtually turned the playing field into a jungle, the weather was just right.’
- ‘Power can also be generated from biomass energy crops such as fast-growing willow, poplar and elephant grass planted as an alternative to food crops.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.