Any of a number of plants with large heart-shaped leaves.
- ‘Also known as elephant's ear, this water lover does best in warm climates; in colder regions, you can grow it indoors.’
- ‘Semi-tropical natives such as dahlias, gladioli, begonias, canna, caladium, elephant ears, oxalis and other tender summer-flowering bulbs will not make it through the winter outside of the warmest climate zones.’
- ‘Meanwhile Colocasia ‘Black Magic’ (commonly called elephant's ears because of it's huge leaves) and the calla lily, Zantedeschia ‘Schwarzwalder’ have particularly caught Platt's eye in recent months.’
- ‘From a carpet of elephant ears and grasses on the flanks of the formidable but curiously named Mount Scenery, ferns, palms, banana and breadfruit explode in hundreds of shades of green.’
- ‘Clematis and trumpet vines drape the walls in a lush curtain, and elephant's ears, hostas, and hardy bananas (Musa basjoo and M. sikkimensis) lend swaths of varied greens.’