Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A school for the first four to six grades, and usually including kindergarten.
- ‘None of this is to say that we shouldn't improve science and technology education, particularly in high schools, middle schools and elementary schools.’
- ‘Houston is the 7th-largest school district in the United States, encompassing 186 elementary schools and 34 middle schools.’
- ‘Students from 10 elementary schools in three school districts were screened using the Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills.’
- ‘The Center sponsors an educational outreach program in neighboring high schools and elementary schools and 32 national sites.’
- ‘In 6th grade the elementary schools merged into middle schools.’
- ‘‘Peaceful Playground’ will be adopted by the district's eight elementary schools in September.’
- ‘The children were selected from a larger group of 69 first grade children from three elementary schools in the Netherlands.’
- ‘I remember that at orientation every parent I talked to said how lucky I was to be moving in at 6th grade when all the elementary schools came together for middle school.’
- ‘The educational system in the city was comprised of fifteen elementary schools, four middle schools, and one high school.’
- ‘Every year, the students in all grades of my elementary school do a papier-mache project.’
- ‘Catholic elementary schools, high schools, and colleges have produced generation after generation of committed Catholic leaders.’
- ‘The fourth phase of the revolution, having the gains of the first three phases affect the curriculum of high schools and elementary schools, still has a long way to go.’
- ‘In the most computer-creative primary and early elementary schools, a computer or two comprise one learning location among five or six in the room.’
- ‘On the ninth of February, I will travel to Toronto and a few other surrounding cities on a massive awareness campaign, going to high schools and elementary schools primarily.’
- ‘Eight elementary schools, two high schools, and one middle school participated in this research study.’
- ‘Smith allowed the 53 students who have moved from public elementary schools to private schools to remain where they are for the rest of the school year.’
- ‘Even the fact that most charter schools are elementary schools, not high schools, represents a way of focusing on less expensive students.’
- ‘Participants were children in seven elementary schools (grades primary through six) in Eastern Canada.’
- ‘To facilitate a better connection between elementary schools and the high schools they feed into, the Vallas administration started to focus on literacy skills at the early grades.’
- ‘Teams of teachers worked with multi-age groups of students and created elementary schools where children were no longer assigned to grade levels.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.