One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting electromagnetic and weak interactions regarded as manifestations of the same interaction.
- ‘It began when key experiments led to general acceptance of the standard model of strong and electroweak particle interactions.’
- ‘The right application turned out to the unification of the electromagnetic and weak interactions into a single electroweak force.’
- ‘Indeed, the ‘grand unification ‘of the strong and electroweak interactions has still to be achieved.’’
- ‘Quantum electrodynamics, and its expansion to the electroweak Standard Model of particle physics, is also a quantum field theory.’
- ‘There are currently three theories that describe the whole of the universe: general relativity for gravity, quantum electrodynamics for the electroweak interaction, and quantum chromodynamics for the strong interaction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.