Relating to or denoting electromagnetic and weak interactions regarded as manifestations of the same interaction.
- ‘It began when key experiments led to general acceptance of the standard model of strong and electroweak particle interactions.’
- ‘The right application turned out to the unification of the electromagnetic and weak interactions into a single electroweak force.’
- ‘There are currently three theories that describe the whole of the universe: general relativity for gravity, quantum electrodynamics for the electroweak interaction, and quantum chromodynamics for the strong interaction.’
- ‘Quantum electrodynamics, and its expansion to the electroweak Standard Model of particle physics, is also a quantum field theory.’
- ‘Indeed, the ‘grand unification ‘of the strong and electroweak interactions has still to be achieved.’’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.