Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or denoting electromagnetic and weak interactions regarded as manifestations of the same interaction.
- ‘The right application turned out to the unification of the electromagnetic and weak interactions into a single electroweak force.’
- ‘Quantum electrodynamics, and its expansion to the electroweak Standard Model of particle physics, is also a quantum field theory.’
- ‘It began when key experiments led to general acceptance of the standard model of strong and electroweak particle interactions.’
- ‘Indeed, the ‘grand unification ‘of the strong and electroweak interactions has still to be achieved.’’
- ‘There are currently three theories that describe the whole of the universe: general relativity for gravity, quantum electrodynamics for the electroweak interaction, and quantum chromodynamics for the strong interaction.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.