treated as singular The study of stationary electric charges or fields as opposed to electric currents.
- ‘Consideration of this effect is very important in electrostatics, when the electric field is changing on the same scales.’
- ‘Prior theoretical studies on the net contribution of electrostatics to the thermodynamics of binding have shown contradictory results.’
- ‘The study of integral equations was driven by the study of electrostatics and potential theory.’
- ‘One of the big discoveries of early classical physics was the similarity between the forces of gravity and electrostatics.’
- ‘Each energetic effect can be modeled mathematically, using fundamental knowledge of electrostatics and physical chemistry.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.