One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The study of stationary electric charges or fields as opposed to electric currents.
- ‘Consideration of this effect is very important in electrostatics, when the electric field is changing on the same scales.’
- ‘One of the big discoveries of early classical physics was the similarity between the forces of gravity and electrostatics.’
- ‘Prior theoretical studies on the net contribution of electrostatics to the thermodynamics of binding have shown contradictory results.’
- ‘Each energetic effect can be modeled mathematically, using fundamental knowledge of electrostatics and physical chemistry.’
- ‘The study of integral equations was driven by the study of electrostatics and potential theory.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.