A device that removes suspended dust particles from a gas or exhaust by applying a high-voltage electrostatic charge and collecting the particles on charged plates.
- ‘The farmers allege that shutting off the thermal power plant's electrostatic precipitator caused the fog.’
- ‘However, the installation of these devices, such as electrostatic precipitators, concentrates the fly ash in certain areas.’
- ‘The flue gas-cleaning system has a semi-dry scrubber with an electrostatic precipitator, but there is no dioxin filter.’
- ‘Some use electrostatic precipitators, which are charged plates that collect the particles before they are attracted to something else in the room.’
- ‘The locations of the boiler and stack are set, and an electrostatic precipitator or baghouse may have been added since the plant was built.’