One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Microporous filters that are more electropositive than the negatively charged filters currently used for virus concentrations from water by filter adsorption-elution methods were evaluated for poliovirus recovery from tap water.’
- ‘Specifically, large electropositive or electronegative regions can reasonably attract oppositely charged entities through long-range electrostatic interactions.’
- ‘The results confirm the electropositive charge of the virus, as well as the minuteness of its size.’
(of an element) tending to lose electrons and form positive ions in chemical reactions.
- ‘The reaction with any electropositive metal produces the appropriate salt and hydrogen.’
- ‘In the case of binary covalent compounds, the positive oxidation number is assigned to the more electropositive element, and the negative oxidation number to the more electronegative element.’
- ‘In this reaction the electrophile is produced when the methyl chloride reacts with the aluminum chloride to form an electropositive CH 3 group.’
- ‘A heart-shaped molecular donut, the topoisomerase II dimer boasts an electropositive tunnel, the likely passage point for DNA.’
- ‘When an alcohol is reacted with a strongly electropositive metal, such as sodium, the products are hydrogen and a crystalline, ionic salt of the metal, called an alkoxide.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.