One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb[with object]often as noun electropolishing
Give a shiny surface to (metal) using electrolysis.‘electropolished aluminum’
- ‘In addition to its laser processing, the company provides postprocessng operations such as electropolishing, annealing, surface finishing, and bending.’
- ‘A single-source supplier of metal device fabrication services can mark and engrave medical and surgical components and provide in-house laser welding, electropolishing, and passivation.’
- ‘For example, coronary stents manufactured of 316L-grade stainless steel can undergo a wide range of annealing, passivation, electropolishing, and cleaning processes.’
- ‘In some cases, if the process or design limits the amount of recast present, electropolishing alone can remove surface contaminants.’
- ‘Nitinol parts can exhibit heat-affected zones after thermocutting, crevices between grains, and sharp edges, which is why electropolishing nitinol parts is a necessary step.’
- ‘So laser-cut edges might require postprocessing work such as electropolishing or multistep chemical procedures.’
- ‘This can be improved by mechanical polishing or electropolishing.’
- ‘In the next step, the stents are put through electropolishing in order to smooth out their surfaces.’
- ‘Parts coming off the machine typically do not have dross or slag left over from the cutting process, which means less time in the electropolishing postprocess.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.