One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of physiology that deals with the electrical phenomena associated with nervous and other bodily activity.
- ‘A basic animal neurobiology team will test each gene variant for gene-gene and gene-environment interactions at the level of behavior, pharmacology, electrophysiology and molecular biology.’
- ‘Research modalities such as immunohistochemistry, tissue culture, electrophysiology, and molecular biology are widely used in both disciplines.’
- ‘The section on electrophysiology is clear and comprehensive but yearns for the more dynamic presentation that animation could provide.’
- ‘For electromedical applications such as electrophysiology, the hub may also contain an electrical connector.’
- ‘Intracardiac electrophysiological studies give valuable information about normal and abnormal electrophysiology of intracardiac structures.’
- ‘And there's cardiovascular support - anything from electrophysiology, like defibrillators, to the vascular stents and things like that.’
- ‘It was not until the 1980s that therapeutic cardiac electrophysiology emerged; this procedure, carried out while patients are conscious, uses wires passed percutaneously to the heart to ablate the cause of arrhythmias.’
- ‘Perhaps in another twenty years, nanotechnology will make his original prediction come true, and it will be electrophysiology, not biochemistry, that underpins our treatment of the diseased brain.’
- ‘While in the UK, he developed two innovative techniques in electrophysiology, which revolutionized studies on sensory physiology.’
- ‘Many physical therapists obtain advanced specialty certification in cardiovascular and pulmonary therapy, clinical electrophysiology, geriatrics, neurology, orthopedics, pediatrics, and sports therapy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.