Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[treated as singular] The branch of science that deals with the effect of electric fields on light and on the optical properties of substances.
- ‘Fortunately, the electro-optics segment stands to benefit.’
- ‘The technology that can deliver is electro-optics.’
- ‘He is a consultant in displays and electro-optics in Los Altos, CA.’
- ‘Awarded annually, the Gold Medal of the Society recognizes outstanding engineering or scientific accomplishments in optics, electro-optics, or photographic technologies or applications.’
- ‘We've been working with a few defense contractors and companies in the electro-optics business that are considering expansions.’
- ‘At 40 Gbps, electronics and electro-optics must work significantly faster than in today's 2.5 - Gbps and 10 - Gbps systems.’
- ‘An array of onboard sensors, infrared, radar, and electro-optics can be used to gather information, record it, and download it after the mission.’
- ‘Israel also wants to increase cooperation with India in other areas, including agricultural biotechnology, lasers and electro-optics and information technology.’
- ‘Always keen on learning more, he was attracted to the field of laser optics and worked for a time as a certified laser electro-optics technician in southern California while continuing to run his own mineral business.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.