Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A record produced by electrooculography.
- ‘Artifacts present on this recording include the ECG artifact in the electro-oculogram and ECG leads.’
- ‘The bilateral electro-oculogram, eight channels of EEG, chin and anterior tibial EMG, and analog output from a body position sensor were also monitored.’
- ‘Most importantly, eye movements are recorded using an electro-oculogram to distinguish the sleep onset period from the waking state and also to detect Rapid Eye Movement sleep.’
- ‘The clinical electro-oculogram (EOG) measures the amplitude of the standing potential and light response.’
- ‘The MSLTs followed standard methods for collection of EEG, electro-oculogram, and chin electromyogram data.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.